Do you need to translate a document?
You need a
Do you need an oral translation?
You need an
Given the nature of legal documents, it is paramount that both the original and the translation keep in mind the particularities of the different two legal systems and cultural dissimilarities of the original and final users of both the translation and the original documents. As experienced translators certified by ATIA, we are very well-versed in the different areas of the law, and understand the nuances of the legal jargon and the importance of maintaining the formalities and terminology of legal documents during the translation process.
We translate in the following areas of the law:
- Contract law: agreements, MOUs, collective bargain agreements, union agreements, offers, international agreements, proposals, bids, specifications, negotiations, articles of incorporation, corporate tax returns, POAs, business contracts, tenancy agreements, others
- Copyright, patent and trademark law: applications, proposals, examinations; inventions, requests for patent filing, registrations, others
- Criminal and tort law: investigations, interviews, questionings, evidence, legal proceedings-related documents, transcriptions, insurance claims, litigation materials, witness statements, others
- Family and inheritance law: custody agreements, wills, prenuptial agreements, divorce documents, questionings, interviews, POAs, trusts, others
- Immigration and refugee law: birth, marriage, divorce and death certificates; police clearances, testimonials, letters, evidence, records of employment, driver’s licences, driver’s records, refugee cases, interviews, others
- Labor law: contracts, agreements, investigations, interviews, collective bargain agreements, union agreements, meetings, others
We are certified translators in more than the 60 most required languages in Alberta, such as French, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Punjabi, Arabic, Japanese, Tagalog, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Hindi, Urdu, Italian, Persian, Polish, Romanian, Ukrainian, Russian, and more. You can see a full list of our languages here.
As a solid team of ATIA-certified and associate court and community interpreters with extensive experience in legal matters, we take pride of the service we provide to the legal community in Alberta. With interpreters located throughout the province, we are always ready to facilitate an in-person language professional to interpret in diverse settings. We can also interpret remotely over the phone.
Most situations involve the participation of only one interpreter, but more complex situations may require interpreters working as a team. In complex and long encounters, we work collaboratively to ensure that the interpretation is seamless and well rendered, to guarantee successful communication among all the parties involved.
We interpret in law enforcement investigations, questionings, interviews, client-attorney interactions, and many other court and legal proceedings.
We interpret in the 60 most required languages in Alberta, including many languages of lesser diffusion (LLD). Our languages include French, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Punjabi, Arabic, Japanese, Tagalog, Portuguese, Hindi, Urdu, Italian, Persian, Polish, Romanian, Somali, Ukrainian, Russian, Vietnamese and more. You can see a full list of our languages here.